There are businesses involved in almost anything in Nigeria, including the registration of companies ;). Most CAC registration companies charge between 40 – 70 thousand Naira to help you register your business. This charge excludes whatever the government body (CAC) charges you for registering your company.
This article highlights a list of what the government charges Nigerians for registering their business under the CAC. If you intend to do it yourself, all you need is a simple calculation to find your cost after reading this article.
How much does it cost to register a company in Nigeria?
Company registration cost in Nigeria depends on the type of company. For instance, the cost of registering a private company is different from that of a public company. Also, when shared capital is involved, the cost of registration varies with the worth of the share capital of the business.
List of Corporate Affairs Commission registration fees
- The fee of reserving the name of your company – ₦500.
- Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital of less than or equal to 1 million Naira – ₦10,000.
- Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital of more than 1 million Naira and up to 500 million Naira – ₦5,000 for every 1 million Naira share capital or part of it.
- Fee for registering a private company that has a share capital above 500 million Naira – ₦7,500 for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
- Fee for registering a public company that has a share capital worth 1 Million Naira or less – ₦20,000.
- Fee for registering a public company that has a share capital worth more than 1 million Naira and up to 500 million Naira – ₦10,000 for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
- Fee for registering a Public Company that has a share capital of more than 500 million Naira – ₦15,000 for each 1 million Naira share capital or part of a million.
- Fee for registering a company that does not have a share capital – ₦20,000 Naira.
- Fee for filing of a notice of exemption of a foreign company from registration – ₦30,000.
- Fee for reinstatement or relisting a company’s name – ₦25,000.
- Fee for registering charges for a private company – ₦10,000 for each 1 million Naira or part of a million.
- Fee for registering charges for a public company – ₦20,000 for each 1 Million Naira or part of 1 million.
- To file the annual return for a small company – ₦2,000.
- To file the annual return for a Private company that is not a small company – ₦3,000.
- To file the annual return for a public company – ₦5,000.
- To file the annual return for a Company Limited by Guarantee – ₦5,000
- To file the annual report of a foreign company – ₦5,000.
- Letter of Good Standing – ₦10,000.
- Other filings (miscellaneous) – ₦2,000.
- Certified true copy of the certificate of Registering – ₦10,000
- Certified true copies of memorandum and articles of association – ₦3,000.
- Electronic Search – ₦1,000 per company.
- Manual Search by customers – ₦2,000 per company file.
- Manual Search Report prepared by officers of the Commission – ₦5,000.
- Certified true copies of other documents – ₦2,000 per document.
Now that you know the cost of registering your business in Nigeria, you also need to know the process. Read up on how to register your company in Nigeria.
Company registration is just one of the steps in starting a business in Nigeria. Your business needs to have an identity and you also need to build marketing assets for your company. You will need the services of a logo designer as well as a web design company in Nigeria. I am available for your logo design, web design and your digital marketing needs.
Talk is free, let’s talk now!